This Friday, 4/13
6:30 - Room 703G
We're nearing the end of the school year, and it's never been more important to take a deep breath, relax, and put things in perspective.
Join us for free tea, carpal tunnel prevention exercises, and a soothing night free of panic.
Check under the cut for updates regarding Fresh Meat and MoCCA Fest registration, along with other news and events.
Fresh Meat and Digital Projection Comix Reading Updates:
Fresh Meat online registration will open on Thursday, April 14th, at 9PM. A link will be emailed to all Allies on the mailing list when registration opens, and it will also be posted on Facebook and Twitter. Space is extremely limited, so schedule yourself to be ready by 9.
If you are registering for a group (of two or three exhibitors), make sure you have the email address, cellphone number, website, and debuting minicomic title (if applicable) prepared for each exhibitor. Also, think up a group name ahead of time!
- "Man-Made Monsters" Thesis Exhibition @ SVA's Visual Arts Gallery
- CA Meeting - Stress Relief Night
- CA Meeting - Digital Comix Projection Reading
- Fresh Meat
Saturday, 4/28, through Sunday, 4/29
- Hero, Villain, Yeti Exhibition @ Rubin Museum of Art (running till 6/11)
- Do you want publicity for your minicomics? Enter the Mini Reviews Box. Bring your minicomics to our meetings or the Senior Studio to submit them for review on the Cartoon Allies blog. Each week, bloggers Eric and Hayley will randomly select a student's mini from the box and offer readers a preview of the comic and their thoughts. We hope to improve student promotion and give members a space to show their work to a greater audience.
- If you would like to be listed on our Members page, email your name, year, website url, and 50x50px icon to email@example.com with the subject line "Active Member [Name]". As we collect a nice group of links, we'll update our long out-of-date Active Members list.
- If you're interested in helping us distribute Cartoon Allies event posters, let us know by email or at the next meeting. We need help distributing posters for the Fresh Meat festival!
- The SVA Library now has access to a new Underground Comix Database. Check it out!
Stay strong, Allies!